Principal Transport Planner
Permanent - Full Time/Flexible
My client are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Principal Transport Planner for their growing Manchester Transport team on a permanent basis. Working as part of a wider network of well over 100 Transport professionals, the Manchester team delivers a range of exciting projects for clients in the North-West region and beyond.
The successful candidate will support the team leader and be responsible for daily management of projects and client liaison. You will be experienced in managing, owning and developing client relationships while supporting a team and undertaking technical work, report writing and budget monitoring.
Key responsibilities / duties include:
- Transport Assessments
- Travel Plans
- Environmental Assessments
- Transport Modelling
- Identification, feasibility and design of transport solutions
- Developing policies and strategies
- Multi-disciplinary project management
- Post negotiation of planning applications
- Potential to take line manager responsibility for some of the team
The successful Principal Transport Planner will be a positive and enthusiastic team player, with a degree in Transport Planning or a related subject.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Experience of mentoring junior staff and managing projects (budget control, fee letters, invoicing etc.)
- Experience of working with clients, both in the public and private sector
- The ability to lead on Transport Assessments, Travel Plans and Environmental Assessments
- Knowledge of LinSig, Junctions 9, TRICS, TEMPro, AutoCAD, AutoTrack
- Experience of meeting demanding deadlines
- Experience of budget monitoring, change management and fee negotiation
- Good communication skills, and be keen to explore future project opportunities
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly including: MS Word and MS Excel