Principal Water Resources Hydrologist
- We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Hydrologist to work within a leading sustainability consultancy combining water and environmental management.
- Using your consultancy expertise in water resources and water quality management, planning and you will oversee complex and sensitive projects, utilising your skills working with a wide range of clients.
- The role will be to technically lead a range of water resource hydrology and planning projects as part of a multi-disciplinary team of experts to assess the water resources, hydro-ecology, gemorphology and water quality implications of proposed water resource schemes and drought management measures.
- You will be expected to technically direct the delivery of all the hydrological components required to support Water Resource Management Plans and Drought Plans and associated environmental assessments.
- You will need to project manage a portfolio of water resource management projects, as well as direct, coach and mentor junior staff on all technical aspects of water resource and drought hydrology.
- You must have a strong track record in a water company and/or water consultancy background, and be technically robust in all aspects of water resources hydrology, drought and low flows assessment, water resources management planning and associated UK legislation and regulatory guidelines. You will need a strong background in project management.
- You need to provide technical input into a wide range of water resource management and drought management projects and assessments.
- To work effectively with water companies, regulators, planners, developers, design engineers, contractors to achieve positive outcomes for water resource strategies and scheme developments.
- Actively Lead, project manage a wide range of water resource studies, while able to build and maintain relationships with our clients through project and bidding activities.
- You will need to mentor and coach junior colleagues in all aspects of water resources hydrology and planning, and support them to achieve deadlines.
- You must have a excellent technical understanding of water resources planning, water resources hydrology, low flow and drought assessments
- Detailed understanding of UK water policy and legislation, water resources management and the Water Framework Directive
- A first degree in a relevant subject, such as Geography or Environmental Sciences and ideally a Masters or PhD in water resources and hydrology
- Ideally full membership of CIWEM (or similar professional body) and member of British Hydrological Society (or equivalent hydrological body)
- Strong background in project management / project direction
I look forward to receiving your application shortly, please call Zoe Payne Senior Recruitment Consultant on 01202 888 986 Ext 202. firstname.lastname@example.org