An opportunity for an experienced Principal Designer/Coordinator to join one of Europe's leading project management, engineering and consultancy service providers with projects spanning Industrial, Energy, Waste and Infrastructure. You will work with a number of high profile clients to lead projects on CDM-C and Health and Safety.
You will work to extend the Health and Safety advisory services into the existing engineering and consultancy client business, whilst taking responsibility for the business transition to 'Principal Designer' status under the new regulations in 2015.
- Undertake the role of competent Principal Designer/Coordinator and Health and Safety Advisor to clients operating on construction projects.
- Give suitable advice to clients in order to comply with statutory compliance.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the CDM regulations and other health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of construction related activities and designers duties.
- Co-ordinate Health and Safety Advisory/ CDM knowledge within the Business Unit liaising with other part time Principal Designers in the UK organisation
- Act as a peer reviewer for the work of other Principal Designers
- Undertake site safety audits, inspections and implement training programmes for clients.
- Develop and deliver training programmes, workshops and CDP events for internal designers and consultants within the business.
- Advise the business and clients on CDM and Health and Safety legislation changes and developments.
- Manage client relationships and proposal writing.
- Project finance management and profitability.
- Deliver and Grow CDM/H&S services.
- Work Acquisition
- Responsibility and co-ordination of business transition to 'Principal Designer' status
The Successful candidate will have:
- Experience as a design consultant in civil engineering and/or building
- Experience as a CDM coordinator
- Valid and registered membership of APS (Association of Project Safety)
- Effective self-management skills
- Ideally be a Chartered Engineer (CEng. MICE preferable)
- Knowledge and experience of operational and process safety
- A NEBOSH construction certificate or equivalent
To apply please upload your CV below and call Annabelle Foskett on 01202 888 986 ext 247 or email email@example.com
A consultant will be in contact should your application be taken further. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.