Process Commissioning Engineer
ALLEN & YORK Ltd has been approached by a renowned waste management company on behalf of a Recycling and Renewable Energy Centre located in Scotland. They are looking appoint a skilled individual as their new Process Commissioning Engineer, who in turn, will support and report to the Senior/Lead Process Commissioning Engineer.
Responsibilities & Scope of Role:
· Must actively contribute to the design reviews, safety reviews and lead HAZCOMS.
· Assist in the production of commissioning documentation, including method statements, risk assessments, technical file and all other documentation to comply with the design standards and needs of the contract.
· Can supervise the subcontractors with commissioning responsibilities to ensure adequate commissioning documentation and resources are prepared prior to any activities that may take place.
· Report to the Lead Process Commissioning Engineer on all commissioning related issues, and keep up to date with progress reports of the plant and employees.
· Assist with various operational documents and prepare commissioning check sheets.
· Observe/report to the Lead Process Commissioning engineer any possible design/installation concerns during the M&E Installation.
· Assist the Compliance Engineer where necessary reviewing documentation required to be submitted to SEPA for the Pollution, Prevention and Control (PPC) Permit.
· Assist senior staff in delivering the commissioning aspect of the project in line with the plan/programme.
· Maintain a daily diary listing the daily activities and key events that occur.
· Attend meetings with clients and major sub-contractors on a weekly basis.
· Ensure that the plant complies with all laws, rules and regulations always and report breaches.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
· Process/chemical background. Waste water experience would be beneficial.
· Essential experience in Anaerobic Digestion, Chemical & Biological Odour Control and Chemical Dosing.
· Some knowledge of Biogas, Sequential Batch reactors, Dryers, Centrifuges and associated technologies.
· Commercial awareness.
· Health & safety awareness and commitment to high safety standards.
· Appropriate time management skills.
· Competent IT skills - particularly MS Excel in creating spreadsheets/reports etc.
· Effective communication and people skills.
· Relevant CSCS Card Holder.
· Must have a One Day Safety Passport or site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) CITB.
· Preferably a First Aider and Confined Space trained.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Charles Cocklin at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.