Process Engineer - Water Utilities
The business is a specialist water and wastewater process technology and services company within
the company who design, build and operate water and wastewater plants for the treatment of municipal sewage and industrial effluent in the UK and Ireland.
* To be a degree qualified engineer/scientist with experience of the water and wastewater industry.
* Associate of Professional Institute and looking to become Chartered.
* Person to be an excellent communicator and negotiator, with good technical and interpersonal skills, able to deliver as part of a team to produce quality results.
* A flair for organisation and commercial awareness to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
Job Role and Responsibilities
Manage the development and submission of process design and commissioning standards for new and secured projects in the company market areas.
* To manage the Process design and commissioning to ensure timely production of
information for efficient contract completion
* To establish process design criteria and requirements for each project
* To prepare mass balance diagrams and process flow diagrams.
* To prepare P&I diagrams in association with Mechanical and Electrical Engineers.
* To prepare process and control philosophies.
* To prepare hydraulic, thermal and power calculations.
* To prepare process specifications/data sheets for equipment and instruments.
* To prepare operation and maintenance manuals.
* To prepare subcontract process design specifications and scopes of work
* Checking and approval of subcontractor deliverables.
* Preparation of procedures for, and supervision / undertaking of process commissioning.
* Attending, and on occasion leading, internal and external HAZOP meetings, and Hazardous Area Classification meetings.
* Manage the preparation of Process and Commissioning specifications / documents
* Support of any Due Diligence for new technology and pilot trials
* Pre ? Tender process assessment of new opportunities and project viability
* Day to day liaison with multidisciplinary proposal and project teams
* Client liaison on project basis
* Carry out on?site operator training
* Assist with developing new facts and plant performance information for marketing tools for the business
* Enhancement of standard engineering documents and associated templates