|Job Title:||Process Improvement Engineer - Wind Blade Manufacturing|
|Location:||Yorkshire and the Humber,|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Our client is a leading global engineering and technology services company.
Their Wind Power business has announced plans to invest £160 million in a new rotor blade manufacturing facility, project construction, assembly and service facility in the UK.
In two years their manufacturing and assembly facility will be operational. They have now begun recruiting some roles for their state of the art facility, where you will be offered a dynamic career, working with the latest technology in the renewable energy industry. They are now recruiting for a Process Improvement Engineer to be part of this exciting business.
As a Process Improvement Engineer, you will be responsible for providing solutions for process related issues and supporting the blade factory in optimising their manufacturing processes. The department is responsible for the development, specification, qualification and optimisation of production methodology and equipment in order to support manufacturing.
- Your main focus areas will be to develop the right solutions for "material placement" in blade manufacturing and to lead implementation and standardisation of manufacturing processes and equipment
- Responsible for the development and specification of materials, equipment and processes
- Responsible for testing and qualification of equipment, materials and processes
- Responsible for documentation of processes in collaboration with the documentation department
- Definition of process specifications and associated control issues
- Coordinate the development and deployment of new pre-manufacturing processes as necessary to support the manufacturing area.
- Initiate and lead LEAN projects.
- Plan processes, workflow, and accident prevention measures to maintain optimum and safe utilisation of plant resources.
- Anticipate issues with process and material implementation and provide timely feedback and information to employees as appropriate.
- Compile Excel and Access reports as necessary to communicate to peers and management.
- Degree qualified in Production/Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Significant experience directly related in designing and improving work processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of managing plant and manufacturing engineering projects in a fabrication environment
- Significant experience of working with composite materials
- Experience with IPC inline process control desired
- Formalised training in LEAN and/or Six Sigma (certifications highly desired)
- Strong knowledge of Auto/CAD, SAP and MS Office Suite, including Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience successfully initiating, implementing, and executing change initiatives in a production/manufacturing environment
- Prior experience coordinating people and processes within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to coach and train others in the field of continuous improvement
- Highly-developed analytical and conceptual skills.
- Excellent team player with good communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to inspire and motivate