|Job Title:||Procurement Agent|
|Location:||City of London|
|Contact Name:||Ashley Smith|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
ALLEN & YORK are currently working with one of the top construction contractors worldwide, currently in charge of a large scale project in central London who are looking for a Procurement Agent.
- The Procurement Agent is responsible for the Procurement of specific packages allocated via the Senior Procurement Manager (SPM) and as defined in the Procurement Schedule
- The Procurement Agent is responsible for the maintenance of the schedule in conjunction with the team and SPM.
- Promote and deliver a collaborative environment throughout all members of the supply chain with the objective of delivering Best for Bank.
- Following the Procurement Procedure, producing ITT documentation for Package Procurement in a NEC Contract environment including strategy for Package with Delivery team. Liaising with Package Managers regarding scope for insertion into ITT.
- Carrying out tender duties and prepare pricing schedules in conjunction with the commercial team.
- Lead the technical and commercial evaluation of tender returns soliciting support from package managers, commercial team and others as required.
- Prepare NEC Subcontracts in accordance with the documented processes.
- Compilation and issuing of Request For Approval documents.
- Attending Providers meetings and developing KPI's to suit the project and deliverables and reporting.
- Provide weekly and period progress reports to the Senior Procurement Manager.
- Achieve the SMART targets and objectives set by the Senior Procurement Manager.
- Support the wider procurement team with the provision of specialist knowledge.
- Build and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- Interface with key supply chain providers.
- Support the Senior Procurement Manager in establishing long-term arrangements with supply chain providers.
- Co-ordinate and work with team to develop package specific Scope of Works documents.
- Represent Procurement at meetings (both internal and external to the Business).
- Chair meetings with sub-contractors and or suppliers when required by the Senior Procurement Manager.
- Lead the handover of the procurement package to the Package Manager, Technical Lead and Subcontract Administrator to ensure that full expectations of the subcontract are transmitted.
- Evaluate subcontractors and designers performance in conjunction with the Construction-Engineer Manager, H&S, Q&A, Environmental and RP Managers.
- Work to drive the business procurement strategy forward.
- Carry out other duties as required by the Senior Procurement Manager.
- Experience in a similar position in the railway industry working for Tier 1 (Contractor) companies.
- A good understanding and proven experience of NEC 3 Contracts.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good understanding of EU and UK legislative requirements affecting procurement in particular responsible procurement.
- Have gained or working towards CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchase and Supply) or similar.
- IT literate, especially with Microsoft Excel, Word and Project.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- A good working knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations, Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and other relevant legislation.
- Good working knowledge of Construction Design and Management Regulations 2007.
- Have excellent communication skills in English (both written and verbal), as well as good organisational skills.
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.