As the successful candidate, you will manage procurement activity across the business area to support the strategic approach of the business stream and divisional objectives. You will develop procurement plans and manage procurement processes for a designated business, adhering to the Procurement and Supply Chain Management Strategy
As the Procurement Manager, you will:
- Work closely with supply chain management to ensure earliest possible involvement within projects and with Bid teams.
- Liaise with project teams and business streams to understand project requirements and develop schedules into project procurement plans
- Development and governance of package specific sourcing plans with project teams, RFQs, evaluation of supplier responses, negotiations with suppliers, order placement and contract management
- Compile performance management information relating to suppliers for onward communication to the Supply Chain Managers, to ensure continuous improvement within the supply chain
- Manage procurement relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- You will have substantial project procurement management experience within a construction related environment. It will also require experience of projects with sub-contractors and suppliers.
- You will need to demonstrate a proven track record within strategic sourcing, managing supplier relationships, negotiation, process compliance, leading complex sourcing activities and supplier integration into project teams. The role will require excellent analytical skills, strong commercial awareness, a measured approach to decision making and the ability to ensure best value procurement. The ability to adopt a pragmatic, yet disciplined approach to process compliance, is essential.
- An understanding of legal frameworks and contract law is desirable
- MCIPS qualification or degree is desirable.
Our client is offering a competitive package + the opportunity to further progress your career.
We look forward to receiving your application!