Our client is a world leading developer of Renewable Energy.
Through the provision of expert technical knowledge, the Procurement Engineer - WTG shall support the Procurement Technology Manager in the establishment of technical documentation forming part of the optimisation of wind turbine supply chain engagement and delivery to projects to achieve cost reduction targets.
Continuously strive to adopt and develop lean processes that deliver project objectives and reduce waste within the project delivery teams and wider organisation
Add value and reduce costs (DEVEX, CAPEX and OPEX) for projects ensuring project viability on a subsidy free basis post RO availability through efficient working, careful scoping, procurement and innovative engineering and design solutions
The Procurement Technology Manager shall clearly define, delegate and record the roles and responsibilities of their Procurement Engineer to support them in the achievement of all responsibilities.
Subject to the above, typical areas of accountability for the Procurement Technology are set out below:
Technical support to the establishment and maintenance of the WTG panel suppliers. This will include the technical evaluation of proposals to reduce the cost of energy.
Negotiation and agreement of standard or template supply and service specification and associated technical documents with WTG panel suppliers. This will include capturing all associated technical documents with WTG panel suppliers. This will include capturing all opportunities to reduce the cost of energy, to clearly allocate risk and responsibility (including in relation to turbine interfaces) and to facilitate the effective entry into contract in as efficient manner as possible based on these standards or templates.
Support the preparation and negotiation of project-specific technical contract documents (based on above standards) with WTG panel suppliers by the project Turbine Engineers and Contract and Purchasing Managers WTG. This will include ensuring the correct use and maintenance of the standard or template technical documents and promptly addressing any project specific queries or adaptations required in relation to their use.
Develop and maintain a sufficient understanding of legal requirements, engineering best-practice and compliance with relevant regulations and directives, as required to challenge wind turbine suppliers, in order to assist in delivering optimised solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Identification of new WTG technology and suppliers that have the potential to further reduce the cost of energy for the project pipelines in the EMEA region, and coordinate and support the performance by Senior Turbine Technology Specialist of, technical assessments that evaluate their suitability for consideration for future use, and any associated risks.
Identify and maintain effective relationships with key decision makers within the WTG panel suppliers to facilitate successful communication links between the engineering function of the WTG supplier and the turbine engineers at the project and group levels, enabling appropriate information flow to resolve issues in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Reasonable knowledge and understanding of contemporary wind turbine technology and associated SCADA systems in use across Europe.
- Working knowledge of the relevant legislation, regulations and standards associated with the design, delivery and operation of wind turbines.
- Basic knowledge of contract law and administration as relevant to the design, delivery and operation & maintenance of wind turbines.
- Knowledge of main areas of technological developments in relation to WTG technology and key areas of differentiation between suppliers.
- Experience of writing /compiling/ administering technical specifications and contractual documentation
- Experience of working with WTG suppliers.
- Proven ability to write clear, concise and accurate specification documents and associated technical annexes for use in turbine supply and service contracts.
- Negotiation skills and ability to influence decisions in order to deliver agreement on technical documentation.
- Be organised and have the ability to manage several projects with high workloads to demanding timescales.
- Strong reporting and presentation skills with a good working knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to objectively assess new technology and suppliers and quantify associated risks.
- Engineering degree in a mechanical or electrical discipline or equivalent.