|Job Title:||Product Assurance Consultant|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Salary:||+ 20% annual bonus|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
This role is part of the overall service line which provides Product Safety Quality Management, and Product Performance consultation which help their clients prevent serious injuries and recalls by ensuring their products are essentially safe in both reality and in perception, and satisfy the performance and quality expectations of their consumer.
The Product Assurance Consultant reports to the Senior Product Assurance Consultant and is responsible for the development of Product Assurance clients and the delivery of our services. This individual will work directly with senior level management, as well as technical operational staff within our customers’ businesses.
The consultant will work with our global team of consultants and technical staff, and will be responsible for managing project work.
The role will involve 25% travel (national and international) and will be based in the London and Surrey areas. Although flexibility is there to work from home.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand essential safety, quality, and regulatory requirements, as applicable
- Prepare regular customer reports providing updates on regulatory and standards legislation when required
- Write technical reports to convey key findings
- Present test results and technical findings to customers
- Prepare proposals to address customer needs
- Manage projects to meet deadlines
- Clearly communicate project requirements and expectations to a global team
- Identify potential hazards associated with products and recommend solutions
- Develop product specifications/requirements based on new research for safety, quality and/or performance
- Identify gaps within customer product lifecycle/product development/go-to-market process against best practice and recommend solutions
- Identify strategies for product performance assessment and analysis
- Identify opportunities for innovation, such as new technologies and processes
- Plan, prepare, and run training courses for clients
- Manage accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and grow revenue through improving and expanding the business relationship
- Be proactive on customer needs and issues
- Participate in and lead customer trainings and meetings
- Identify opportunities within the account to expand the scope of services to better service customers and to bring in more revenue
- Take a longer-term, organization-wide perspective that takes into account trends and anticipatory issue management.
- University degree in Engineering, Sciences or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ job experience in a technical field, experience in consumer goods sector preferred
- Skilled at identifying and minimizing company risk, assuring product safety, compliance and governance
- Ability to conduct fact finding, interpret large data sets and make well-reasoned decisions with limited information when circumstances require
- Experience in design, manufacturing or quality assurance is preferred
- Recommended track record of driving positive change in an organization
- Seasoned, effective communicator (verbal & written) in English with the ability to negotiate and influence peer and management without direct authority
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional technical writing ability
- Project management experience
- Organization skills to handle multiple projects at a time