Project Buyer 12 month FTC
Our client is looking for an individual with personal drive, stakeholder management and communication skills.
The ideal candidate will:
Have experience in negotiations,
Previous experience procuring materials and services.
Must be able to work independently and as part of a team,
Perform well under tight time pressures
Willing to contributing to the on-going development of Procurement in the business.
- Provide support to the Procurement Project Manager and the Project Team, driving comprehensive, timely request for quotes to send to suppliers
- Compile and evaluate bids with the Project Team and negotiate with selected suppliers
- Provide support to the Head of Procurement in a number of projects, such as supplier qualification, supplier development, savings tracking and reporting, process improvement, management of payment terms, etc.
- Ensure compliance to corporate governance requirements (Purchase-to-Pay, Procurement guidelines, preferred suppliers…)
- Liaise and cooperate closely with the bid team, Project Managers, Project Controllers, Service team, Product Managers, operational purchasing and Logistics internally and a wide supply base.
Our client provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UK's major challenges. Our client has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last year's revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Our client. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Our client offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.