Provides project/programme support and administration to enable the Project/Programme Manager and team to deliver all types of projects to time, cost and quality, with appropriate risk management, in order to achieve expected benefits.
- Provide project support across the Energy Division of the organisation
- Provides advice and guidance to project and programme managers on processes.
- Links process areas together across programme/projects to present the "bigger picture" e.g. link between Planning, Resourcing, Risk Management, Change Management.
- To monitor expenditure budgets including updating, forecasting, monitoring and processing invoices, payments and expenses
- Provide some administrative and project support to other business areas of the organisation.
- Produce project plans to describe stage, phase, dependency and milestones.
- Manage electronic and paper filing systems.
- Process SAGE Payments
- Planning and organising meetings, events, conferences, travel arrangements and staff
- Support the preparation and staging of other events.
- Maintain a communications plan and take responsibility for communication initiatives for each project.
- Ensuring all actions from meetings and correspondence are recorded, actioned and reported including actions from Project Governance meetings.
- Develop and maintain filing and information systems (electronic and hard copy) ensuring archive material is safe and can be speedily retrieved
- Ability to work across the organisation and liaise with people in other functions to deliver projects.
- Use initiative to support the Commercial Director through research and providing first draft of letters, communications materials, presentations etc. Producing good quality presentations including PowerPoint and written briefings
- Perform research and prepare briefing papers / reports for the Commercial Director and Direct reports.
- To research, prepare and collate information for time critical reports, presentations, spreadsheets, correspondence and graphics for use by the Commercial Director and Direct Reports.
- To monitor and manage project expenditure budgets including updating, forecasting, monitoring and processing invoices, payments and expenses.
- Coordinating and processing expense claims on behalf of the Energy Team.
- Undertaking small level cost negotiations
- To undertake business information research on key business activities and to collate, analyse and summarise data / information.
- To provide support to the Commercial Director and Account / Sales Manager with the production of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires and Tenders for new business.
- Assist with the preparation of reports, presentations and Board information packs for the the organisation Board
- Maintain project websites and other systems data relating to projects.
- Delivering events integral to the project management process
- Assist with Internal and External communications
- To contribute to six monthly appraisal and ensure training needs are discussed and develop an agreed programme of personal development
- There may be, on occasions, the requirement to work beyond office hours when attending meetings and taking minutes or when time critical reports are required.
- Previous experience of working on Renewable Energy Projects
- An understanding of Data room and project books
- Highly developed business and political astuteness gained from extensive experience of effectively working within a political environment and private sector with a clear understanding of company, officer and member roles
- Ability to work under stress and work with conflicting deadlines and priorities.
- Strong time management skills
- Highly discreet and used to working with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Highly proficient with the keyboard and IT applications. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) in Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Must be proficient in the use of spreadsheet and formula's.
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and organise others.
- Excellent oral, written, numerical, articulation and communication skills and ability to professionally represent the organisation.
- Confident and able to work on own initiative with autonomy and minimum supervision.
- Challenging inaccurate invoice details with providers
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- Create and maintain a diverse network of contacts at national, regional and local level for external private sector companies and local government
- Able to negotiate with directors, managers and staff and help resolve issues at all levels
- Able to engage in short and long term planning
- Credible representative for the Commercial Director with all key clients and stakeholders of the company
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise work in a demanding environment with people from a range of different backgrounds
- Able to deliver a highly effective, efficient, professional and confidential service in a fast moving, competitive and changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application