Project Delivery Manager - Water
- The Programme Deliver Team is accountable for driving our Innovation programme through our new StageGate management system. With a focus on professional project delivery, you’ll work with colleagues from across the company to turn our needs into solutions, acting as R&D expert on project management in potable and waste water networks, our non-infrastructure potable water, waste water treatment assets and sludge and renewables.
- You will consult with Innovation colleagues and other teams, provide guidance on the design and delivery of projects to ensure technical and commercial questions can be resolved and Strategic needs met. Manage the delivery of a portfolio of R&D projects through a gated process to agreed quality, and within time and cost constraints, with individual projects having budgets of up to £3M.
- Ensure the provision and management of essential resources and equipment for project delivery, management of project budget and project delivery documentation and to ensure project cost and benefits can be tracked and managed. Work with the wider R&D department to promote and contribute to our Open Innovation processes including Front End Innovation, Needs generation, programme delivery, technology demonstration, roll-out and exploitation.
- You will have a proven track record of managing R&D, capital schemes or business improvement projects. Excellent project management skills and practical experience of one or more of the following areas; potable water treatment, distribution and sewerage networks and sewerage treatment.
- The ability to work closely with a range of stakeholders and manage contractors to ensure delivery or projects and resources. Solid project management and partnerships capabilities and the ability to write clear and concise reports, briefings and applications. Able to deal with a wide range of complex challenges and use initiative and creativity to achieve the best outcome.
- You will have the confidence to challenge current practice in a constructive and appropriate way. Finally, you will be Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, PRINCE2 qualified and be working towards Full Membership of an appropriate professional body e.g. ICE, CIWEM, I Mech E, IET etc. Full UK Driving Licence is required.