Our client is a well-established and respected renewable energy developer in the South West.
They are looking for a Project Manager or Project Developer to manage the submission and achieve planning permission for their renewable energy projects.
The primary focus of the role will be preparing applications and securing planning consent for onshore wind, solar and anaerobic digestion schemes.
You will be located within the Development team of the Energy Generation department.
The Planning Team is responsible for securing the necessary permissions to enable the construction of renewable energy projects.
- The input into the identification of developable sites for renewable energy projects and assessment of their viability in relation to development plan and other constraints.
- Preparing EIA statements and planning applications renewable energy projects. including pre-application consultation and negotiations.
- Managing submitted planning applications.
- Discharging and compliance with planning conditions.
- Undertake consultations and review of development plan and other policies to assess the viability of potential sites.
- Project management of a portfolio of renewable energy projects, from preparation of planning applications to discharge of conditions.
- Preparing Environmental Reports and Statements, involving technical writing and research, including the selection and management of external consultants.
- Writing planning statements, setting out the planning case for renewable energy projects and providing professional advice on site selection.
- Detailed negotiations with local planning authorities, and other statutory and non-statutory organisations and agencies, in order to ensure that any material planning objections or concerns about the proposal are addressed in the pre-application stage.
- Undertake visits across the UK to development sites and attend meetings with Councils, land owners and consultation bodies.
- Preparing for and attending public Information Days and Committee Presentations.
- Knowledge of EIA process, practice and theory.
- Applied knowledge of progressing major applications through the Planning System, together with an understanding of the UK Planning process, procedures and legal framework.
- Proven awareness of renewable energy policy and the complexities of developing sites for renewable energy.
- An aptitude for problem solving and experience of driving complex projects forward to achieve set objectives.
- Demonstrable project management skills, with a proven ability to manage and meet competing deadlines and prioritise tasks.
- Well developed communication skills, especially report writing and the analysis and presentation of complex technical issues in a clear, concise format.
Please contact Sally Woods for further information and submit your Cv