Associate Director / Project Director of Project Management - Water
I have an opportunity available for a high calibre Associate Director/ Project Director with strong project and people management skills who has an established industry network to build on an already profitable business unit. The Associate Director will inherit a team of professionals who operate across the water sector.
- To develop a clear differentiated project management offer across the water sector.
- To develop and lead a team operating across the central region of the UK within our infrastructure business unit.
- To support national sector leaders and key account managers in securing professional services within the market
- Staff / team management - Inputting into the formal management of consultants and teams, to include performance reviews, resource management and recruitment
- Knowledge management - Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is input into the business' internal database
- Financial management - Utilising FMS to keep track of the ongoing team and commission margin levels and monthly fee/resource forecasts for each commission
- Marketing and business development, to include:
- Creating and communicating a clear credible and differentiated market place offer understood internally and externally
- Taking responsibility for developing and converting new business opportunities within existing and new business clients
- Working with fellow Directors to construct bids for new work and providing integrated market place propositions
Commission Management to include:
- Overseeing the delivery of commissions in a manner that deliver pre-agreed margins
- Setting and overseeing the effective delivery of commission execution plans that provide exceptional service delivery
- Team and commission management that may include management of consultants from across the business
- Experience of having run large teams of people within the professional services industry
- Experience of having had responsibility for management of business P&L
- Experience of having operated within the water sector
- Proven business development skills including team building, finance skills and marketing
- Experience of delivering commercial services to major programmes during their set up, delivery and close out
- Experience of acting as Commission Manager on large scale consultancy projects including experience of controlling the financial management aspects of a commission, for example margin management and resource planning