|Job Title:||Project Environmental Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Currently seeking an experienced Environmental Specialist to join a busy and growing global organisation. You will be part of a well-established team serving the power and Oil & Gas sectors. This role will be based in the greater Houston area.
As the successful applicant, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Expanding experience in providing environmental and social (E&S) advisory services / due diligence services on power infrastructure projects
- Knowledge in the requirements of Lender documentation including Environmental and Social Action Plans (ESAP), Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP), Resettlement Action Plans (RAPs)
- Exposure to E&S supervision, compliance monitoring and auditing services against international standards for projects in construction and operation
- Ability to develop E&S management plans and action plans
- Familiarity with the risks and impacts for a range of power technologies including thermal generation, wind, solar and hydropower
- Understanding and experience in project permitting process and Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) requirements
- Familiarity with the assessment and management of air quality, noise, bird and bat and other specialist disciplines ability to work in a deadline driven environment
You will ideally have:
- 2 - 5 years' experience in environmental advisory services for power projects in the region
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English (written and oral) - Essential
- Working knowledge of international Lender guidelines including Equator Principles and the IFC Performance Standards 2012
- Preferred experience in working in the power sector in Texas, North America, Central and Latin America
- Flexible attitude with interest in working in an internationally focused business which will include travel
- Experience in the energy sector, power and oil and gas is preferable
It is Essential that all applicants are fluent in both Spanish and English and that you are authorized to work in the United States.
If you are keen to learn more about this role then please contact Lisa Newman.