Working in a widely recognised independent financial advisory, they provide in-depth advice on the strategic, financial, regulatory and commercial issues driving investments in infrastructure.
This advice ranges from the strategic thinking and advice to companies and investors to enable private capital to fund infrastructure to working with the public sector to develop the business cases to enable projects to happen and advising through negotiations that bring the public and private sectors together.
This business is expanding rapidly and is looking for a high-quality candidate with a particular focus on water and energy networks, including OFTOs and Interconnectors, in terms of both project management and delivery of assignments.
- Project managing the delivery of relevant engagements on a day to day basis
- Management of internal project teams and external advisers
- Supporting with business development initiatives and network building
- Supporting proposals and pitch development for new business
- Building relationships with clients at the relevant levels
- Contributing to delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
- Production of high quality documentation and presentations
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge awareness
- Introducing new ideas to the team to support in targeting clients
- Specifying, producing and evaluating financial models.
- Ensuring compliance procedures are adhered to and risks management
- Management of project planning, delivery and closure
- Develop a good understanding of the regulatory frameworks and financial implications in the water and energy sectors.
- Management of engagement administration
- Experience of major capital projects within the public arena, either as a bidder, investor, public procurer or lender. It is preferable that this experience is within the power and utilities sectors although this is not mandatory;
- Have a working knowledge of financing structures, particularly debt project finance and equity infrastructure finance including other types of project based financing;
- Have familiarity with public procurement processes;
- Be skilled in financial modelling and complex financial analysis;
- Have a strong ability to understand the risks and issues of infrastructure developments within complex structures;
- Have strong report and business case writing, Excel and Power-point skills;
- Have experience of working in and managing people in small teams;
- Appreciate the chance to work on a wide range of projects and proposals simultaneously to demanding timetables ;
- An appropriate professional qualification in accounting, banking or similar, or credible levels of practical experience in these areas;
- Familiarity with Bloomberg, Eikon or other financial databases would also be positive;
- All UK staff who have not passed a Financial Services Authority (FSA) approved exam will be required to do so.
- Experience in the utilities sector, in the industry or a consultant specialising in these sectors, with the following skills, would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of finances and financial structures of water companies and utilities more generally would be a positive;