Our client is experiencing a sizeable uplift in workload that we anticipate will continue into the long-term and, consequently, they are seeking to recruit a Project Transport Planner to support the work of the Highways & Transportation Planning Team from the Company's offices in Bradford-on-Avon.
Successful candidates will have a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and respected multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy, working for a variety of clients in support of a variety of development projects. The successful candidate will hold a relevant undergraduate degree and possibly related postgraduate qualification; and whilst any demonstrable technical commercial or consultancy experience would be advantageous, this is not essential as extensive training will be provided.
Ideally you will have a degree level qualification in an engineering, planning or transport related discipline and you should show a demonstrable interest in and understanding of the transport planning field. The successful candidate will assist in the preparation of Transport Assessments, Travel Plans and preliminary highway design drawings, as well as provide input to junction modelling and undertake site visits across the UK.
In addition, the successful applicant will have strong IT and communication skills, be well organised and be able to apply analytical and numeric skills to project work.
Above all else, we are seeking a motivated and confident individual that has the potential to learn and grow as their involvement in projects develops over time.
- Competent in MS Word & Excel
- Relevant experience in a transport planning role
- Working knowledge of key software such as: AUTOCAD/ARCADY/PICADY/LINSIG
- Relevant first degree
- Membership/Chartered Status with a relevant professional body/institute
- Possess good communication skills, both with internal colleagues and when meeting with clients / potential clients
- Work independently or part of a team
- Have a genuine interest in transport / development planning
- 1-2 years' experience
We look forward to receiving your application
For more information contact; Josh Marshall - 01202 888986