|Job Title:||Project Manager|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sam Pearman|
|Job Published:||28 days ago|
A development planning company is seeking a Project Manager company for their Birmingham office. The role involves working on both project and service related contracts across the business including the processing of planning applications through validation processes and our market leading land referencing services. Project Managers work as part of teams in areas as diverse as processing planning applications to analysing, processing and capturing ownership and occupation data, including spatial data using a geographic information system (GIS), and extensive communication and interaction with stakeholders from the general public, planning professionals and our clients. Project Managers are also required to occasionally undertake visits to sites throughout the UK.
You will be looking to build upon your career with in project management with an industry leader and have an interest in some or all of our key sectors which include planning, geography, land, property and construction sectors. You will be gaining knowledge and experience in working on some of the UK's major infrastructure projects along with industry leading outsourced planning services.
You will be gaining knowledge and experience in working on some of the UK's web based portals of national significance, major infrastructure projects along with industry leading outsourced planning services.
You will possess good multimedia communication skills and will be able to liaise with team members, suppliers and clients.
You will possess some or all of the following:
- Ability to manage projects, teams and stakeholders
- Experience of stakeholder management
- Practical experience of Microsoft Project
- Experience of managing diverse and dynamic projects
- Experience of managing Project P&L's
- Project risk & issue management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable line management experience
- Track record of delivering projects to schedule, to budget and to agreed quality standards
An ideal candidate will also have:
- a 'can do' attitude, consistently delivering to time, quality and cost;
- ability to deliver excellent customer service at all times;
- We offer extensive training and UK recognised qualifications in order to give our team members the tools they need to progress within their job.
- All our staff and their families are invited to Annual Fun Days.
- Child care voucher scheme, helping parents with the cost of child care.
- Mears Advantage is a scheme open to all Mears staff allowing them to save money on everything from weekly groceries to the annual family holiday.
- Many roles offer flexible working patterns so we can appeal to a full range of people, mums going back to work, older generations and career changers.
- Mears Assist is a confidential hotline open to all employees providing support on a wide range of personal and work related issues.
- Seeing first-hand the impact you have on the lives of the people you support.