Project Manager (R&D/ New Products)
Allen & York are delighted to have been engaged to recruit for this fantastic new opportunity with our Global Engineering client to work from their site near Oxford.
As an experienced Project Manager you will become an integral part of the R&D team. Your primary focus will be leading New Product Introduction (NPI) projects with full responsibility for the development and realisation of the next generation of magnet products on time and to specification.
You'll be pivotal in the delivery of the long term business and product strategy, which will involve significant interaction with the global team both within Germany and China so it is essential that you'll have exceptional relationship building skills with our key stakeholders. If you have excellent communication skills, commercial acumen and can effectively manage a wide range of complex technical projects then we would love to hear from you.
As one of the world's largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. My client specialise in the design and manufacture of superconducting magnets for MRI scanners.
You will join a great team of professionals who represent the very best in their fields, providing an unrivalled depth of expertise to develop products through all the stages of design, manufacture and field support. This team provides a unique blend of the innovative research that continues to evolve their technology, and the progressive production techniques necessary to realise these designs on a commercial level.
- Motivate, lead and inspire multi-discipline project teams to ensure that project deliverables are delivered on time, within budget and to agreed specifications
- Ensure sufficient skill sets are available in order to meet all project targets agreeing resource requirements throughout the business with key stakeholders
- Plan and mitigate project risks to acceptable levels to ensure project objectives and deliverables are achieved, communicating all risk mitigation steps to key stakeholders throughout the business
- Customer management delivering to their expectations and ensuring full alignment throughout the project cycle through direct customer communication
- Ensure appropriate project controls and reporting is in place to all stakeholders, whilst complying with internal project procedures
- Utilise project management methodologies and tools to plan, manage and communicate throughout every stage of the project.
- Ability to lead, develop and manage multi-disciplinary teams across multiple global locations.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness in dealing with global customers, colleagues and suppliers.
- Use of project management tools in order to plan and track progress, costs, risks and requirements.
- Excellent communication skills in order to engage with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Have an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving and project opportunities.
The suitable candidate will have a degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering, Science or Technology subject, including extensive project management experience within an R&D or New Product Introduction environment. Formal Project Management qualifications and certification would be preferable (APMP or Practitioner Qualification Level C or equivalent).