Reporting to the Delivery Manager you will assist in the operation and management of installing and maintaining monitors.
An important aspect to this role will be developing relationships/generating new business with customers. The candidate would be expected to spend at least 2-3 days out meeting clients, potentially working at co-located premises.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Health, Safety and welfare of the department staff, implementation of company health and safety policies and procedures.
- Support the Delivery Manager in the timely and profitable delivery of projects ensuring all departmental targets are met, both financially and otherwise, and customer SLAs and KPIs are adhered to.
- Provide guidance and support to the business unit on contracts and operational best practice.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are developed to ensure efficient operation of the business unit.
- Strive to continually improve the quality of service provided to customers and ensure all systems and procedures are adhered to.
- Support the recruitment, training and development of staff through coaching, performance management and implementation of best practice.
- Contribute to the management of equipment and field resources to ensure that project timescales are met, and problems are resolved within the contracted service level agreements (SLA's) whilst managing costs and resources appropriately.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement ideas for the department to reduce costs and improve productivity.
- Prepare and submit invoices.
- Effective project administration including method statements, risk assessments, handover packs
- Preparation of quotes for low-value works; assist the Management Team with Pre-qualification and Tender submissions as necessary.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Project Management experience (at least 3 years).
- Previous experience of working unsupervised in a demanding role.
- Good leadership skills and can work within a high-pressure environment.
- Computer literate with experience of regularly using Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
Desirable professional experience:
- Previous experience of telemetry sewer monitoring, instrument maintenance contracts or other wastewater industry experience.
- Previous experience of developing new business.
- Understanding of financial aspects of managing a business unit.
Essential personal attributes:
- Strong communication, planning and inter personnel skills.
- Self-starter who can work independently with minimum supervision.
- An effective organiser with good supervisory skills.
- Flexible and proactive in approach to work - a 'Can Do' attitude
- Accurate, methodical and efficient.
- Can work on own initiative
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Teamwork ethic
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions,
- Ability to liaise with all members of hierarchy and external clients
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Experience of working to deadlines