|Job Title:||Project Manager- Energy|
|Location:||UK - England - North West England|
|Salary:||£38k - £40k per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Our client is a multinational group who are recruiting for a Project Manager to be based in the North West of the UK.
This role is to provide land, property, planning and development expertise on energy projects and low carbon solutions within their Energy Infrastructure Division.
As part of their energy team, they provide land, property and development expertise to facilitate the successful delivery of renewable energy projects and low carbon solutions across the UK &Ireland.
- Identify, appraise and secure suitable renewable energy development opportunities pursuant to the Group’s strategic objectives
- Manage, negotiate and secure land option and lease agreements, including any other relevant property agreements, to facilitate the successful delivery, acquisition or disposal of renewable energy projects
- Manage a diverse range of projects and act as the primary point of contact for assigned projects
- Lead and/or support the front-end development, planning, management, coordination and financial control of renewable energy projects and low carbon solutions to time, cost and quality
- Provide other energy related development support and advice to the Energy Infrastructure Division to support the Group’s wider activities, goals and objectives
- Outcome, Results and Key Performance Indicators:
- Maintain risk registers, issues lists, PMFM and project plans on a live basis
- Ensure projects are prioritised appropriately
- Prepare annual budget and quarterly reforecasts, to be reviewed on an ongoing basis
- Prepare Gateway review papers for key milestone decision points for review
- Ensure projects meet milestone deadlines and internal commercial parameters
- Establish and safeguard business relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including joint venture partners, consultants and landowners
- Ensure projects are managed within internal governance policies/guidelines and any risks that may jeopardise the success of a project are identified, addressed and communicated in a timely manner
- Good working knowledge of land and property transactions, particularly option & lease agreements, associated with renewable energy development preferred.
- Strong planning, project management and development skills
- Experience of using standard project management tools such as project plans, risk registers and financial models
- Sound understanding of strategic, commercial, financial and risk analysis of renewable energy projects
- Ability to manage a range of varying task simultaneously, meets deadlines, manage budgets and achieve performance targets
- Proactive resource management
- Have the ability to manage multiple stakeholder relationships
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Good planning, organising and decision making skills
- Good communication, influencing and leading skills
- Be able to delegate effectively
- Good team player and negotiator
- Adaptable and have the ability to embrace new technologies and challenges
- Proven track record of delivery of successful development projects including site assembly, land acquisition, leasehold negotiations and delivery of planning consents, preferably in renewables
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Be able to demonstrate a sound commercial understanding of the delivery of development projects
- Knowledge of the full project lifecycle of renewable developments, from site identification through to construction
- Degree qualified in a planning, surveying or estate management discipline
- At least two years project management experience with specific focus on development, planning or acquisition
- Project management qualifications from a recognised body would be desirable
- Self-motivated, results driven
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- A flexible attitude to work and the ability to travel throughout the UK
- For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK.
- Extensive travel to meet stakeholders, third party landowners, land agents, lawyers, customers and internal colleagues
Please get in touch with Sally Woods on 01202 888 986. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Project Manager- Energy