Project Manager - Environment - Warrington
A new exciting has arisen for a Project Manager based in Warrington. You will work on the design & build projects within the Infrastructure/Water/Civils sector. You will be involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding.
Overview of Role:
To manage the delivery of high profile, multi-faceted projects within the constraints of agreed budget, programme and quality criteria, ensuring successful outcomes are achieved.
To be directly accountable for delivery and provide leadership of large, integrated project teams to ensure that projects meet customer expectations.
- Programme and Project Management.
- Communicates Effectively.
- Focuses on Efficiency, Innovation & Quality
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the capital programme, providing professional / technical expertise to support short and long term operational priorities and customer needs, in line with legislation, policy and environmental outcomes.
- Provide high level advice and support to resolve local issues and incidents, ensuring that decisions are made on sound technical grounds in line with best practice and required standards & timeframes.
- Monitor progress of work, identify risks in the delivery of priorities and implement timely resolution of issues, to ensure appropriate reallocation of time, finance and effort and enhancement of the service.
- Provide good quality management reporting on service delivery, to support the planning of operational work, inform business decisions and provide a sound basis from which to communication with and influence internal / external partners.
- Lead or support project teams to achieve well planned and managed integrated solutions that progress effective change and improvement in the organisation and support the best environmental outcomes.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with internal and external partners to understand and influence their activities and promote and enhance the client goals and reputation.
- Provide effective leadership to health & safety matters by actively promoting health & safety awareness and ensuring the provision of safe working practices.
- Manage the feasibility and business case development process ensuring efficient delivery of funding approvals.
- Experience will be required/desirable in the following areas: hydraulic modelling, option analysis, outline design, economic appraisal and report writing. The PM will require sufficient understanding to be able to: prepare accurate project briefs, review Supplier project plan responses (cost, methodology, programme), prepare contract award documentation and quality review and finalise business case products/reports.
What You have to Offer:
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills in order to effectively ascertain customers' needs and perceptions and balance stakeholder demands.
- Experience of project management and NEC contract management to enable successful delivery of larger-scale, complex and demanding projects according to agreed outcomes.
- Experience of mentoring and coaching in order to develop other team members.
- Experience of leading integrated and multi-disciplinary project management teams.
- Professional membership of Institution of Civil Engineers,
- Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) or Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) essential.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner status or equivalent desirable.
- Educated to degree or equivalent in an engineering or environmental discipline.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org