A well known reputable engineering and technology company have a new vacancy for a Project Manager, working in the building technologies team based in Frimley, with travel across sites in the South East and Midlands.
The Project Manager will work on Solutions on Fire, Security & BMS Projects. As Project Manager you will need experience in managing large projects (£500K plus) and /or a portfolio of smaller projects.
What are my responsibilities?
- Safe delivery of all projects through implementation of suitable HSE plan and ensuring compliance to all HSE policies and procedures;
- Identify/create additional opportunities out of on-going projects;
- Works closely with Sales Team in bid phase to ensure all possible information has been captured and in QMIP Tool;
- Identify and assess all project risks, utilizing available risk measurement tools/relevant risk registers. Ensure significant risks are recorded on department risk register and devise suitable strategies for risk mitigation;
- Influence and drive the delivery in-line with contract requirements (NEC, JCT or Bespoke) Identify and negotiate change requests with stakeholders and incorporate into contracts;
- Define and agree with stakeholders the strategy for making/mitigating/defending claims, involving the project team in the identification of changes and claims;
- Play an active role in the selection of Sub Contractors for specific project criteria, working closely with Bid Management in ensuring adequate documentation is prepared and issued for Ebid activity;
- Network and communicate with wider organization (particularly sales) on the development of future business opportunities.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- A qualification in Project Management, APM/Prince2 practitioner or the ability to demonstrate equivalent experience;
- The ability to demonstrate a track record in managing the balance of quality, time and cost challenges of complex technology projects and the administration of NEC, JCT or equivalent forms of contract within the building industry;
- A proven track record of project delivery & management in construction engineering;
- Knowledge of LoA (Limit of Authority) procedures;
- Excellent contract management;
- Excellent organisation and leadership skills;
- Strong communicator a with the ability to demonstrate good stakeholder management skills;
- Experience of commercial and B2B contractual agreements;
We look forward to receiving your application