Our renewable energy client has a dedicated Offshore Asset, Operations and Maintenance department. The operational team of this department is based from a project office in the South East of the UK and is responsible for the delivery of Offshore O&M activities for the UK market.
The primary responsibility of the role is to manage the O&M services for the Balance of Plant of an offshore wind farm making sure that roles and responsibilities of the resources working on site are well defined, trained and suitable to deliver the services.
The O&M services are safely and efficiently coordinated and managed, the delivery of the offshore operations meet the project polices and standards and are in accordance with all the contractual and client obligations.
- Working closely with Offshore O&M department and as well as other Group departments such as HSE;
- Regular communication with client site team and external contractors;
- Regular contact with senior members of the Asset Management & Operation business unit; and Line management responsibility of two direct reports "Planners".
- Planning of the works including preparation and active management of the resource plan;
- Delivery of statutory & general inspections, maintenance activities, repairs and retrofits;
- HSE and quality through the delivery of the O&M services including preparation of relevant HSQE plans and RAMS;
- Responsibility in managing the day to day O&M services that impact on the contractual performances, cost and programme;
- Management of the performance of external contractors working on site in term of safety, quality and technical compliance;
- Timely delivery of daily, weekly and monthly reports;
- Preparation of variations and assessing contractors' variations and invoicing in terms of scope of services offered and evidence of.
- Management of the direct reports "Planners" including recruitment, competency, development, performance and salary review;
- HSE and quality of the overall site team
- Management of the project budget;
- PPE, spares, consumables and tools inventory and management;
- Willingness to travel within UK as well as working offshore site.
*This role is likely to require visits to offshore installations, marine transfer, working at height, confined spaces and HV installations.
- Working knowledge in delivering O&M services;
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations within the offshore environment;
- Knowledge of resource management and planning and good knowledge of the wind industry and/or offshore sector
- Good leadership and management skills to manage the team workload and meet demanding timescales of the O&M services;
- Good project management skills in managing complex O&M activities and multidisciplinary teams;
- Good communication skills including report writing, presentation and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and contractors;
- Good commercial skill in managing executed contracts;
- The ability to work as a member of a team and to react positively to the varying challenges of O&M activities;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good experience in managing O&M activities and multidisciplinary teams;
- Experience of the offshore wind industry and offshore O&M;
- Experience in managing contracts;
- Experience of dealing with contractors including vessel operators
- Line management experience.
- This role would suit a degree qualified mechanical or electrical engineer, or equivalent with engineering and technical experience.
- Hold a UK driving licence.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information about this role, please contact Sally Woods at ALLEN & YORK 01202 888 986