|Job Title:||Project Manager - Rail|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Package|
|Contact Name:||Carolina Troncoso|
|Job Published:||30 days ago|
Leeds - South London
Are you looking for a flexible permanent role? This is the opportunity! The client is an organisation that specialise in surveys within the Rail sector. The have a wide base of experience ranging from small rural level crossing surveys to the complexity of London Lines - covering Bridges, Tunnels, OHLE, Signals, Embankments, Cuttings, Platforms as well as depots and disused areas of railtrack land.
The rail team has been growing very steadily for the last years, which means as the team grow you also grow with them. This opportunity has the necessary support from the firm to take your career as far as you want it to go.
Purpose of job:
To build client relationships within the Rail Sector, achieve and maintain RISQS accreditation and develop a competent, qualified and engaged Rail Survey delivery team.
To manage the delivery of Surveying projects within the Rail sector / environment and ensure the client's scope / requirements are achieved along with the company's agreed project budget.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To support the Operations Manager in achieving departmental targets.
- Support and liaise with other Project Managers within the management team.
- Comply with company H&S policy and ensure safe working practices are adopted.
- Effective project administration including method statements, risk assessments, commercial documentation, invoicing and debt recovery (as appropriate).
- Relationship management of key corporate accounts and contracts.
- Assess and communicate resource requirements with the Operations Manager.
- Support the Operations Manager with training, development and performance management of all surveyors and office staff.
- Project estimations and quotations, including site visits.
- To continually seek ways for the company to improve its financial performance.
- Carry out Audits to ensure the companies SHEQ standards and procedures are adhered to.
Essential professional/technical skills/qualifications required before employment:
- Relevant Rail Surveying experience including job estimation and Q
- Site Project management experience whilst in a Senior Surveyor role
- Good level of financial understanding in a business application
- Experience of applying Health & Safety rules and regulations in the work place
Desirable personal attributes:
- Willingness to learn and adhere to new systems and procedures
- Willingness to learn and develop strategic planning
- Ability to communicate at all levels
Essential qualifications/training required for position:
The post holder will be expected to attend and pass internal and industry recognised external training courses, which may include IOSH, CSCS, manual handling and equipment familiarisation.
Desirable qualifications/training required for position:
- Relevant Rail Surveying industry related experience and qualifications.
- Laser Scanning and Mobile Mapping experience
- London Underground Survey Experience
QA, rail surveying experience, job estimation, site project management experience
This job description summarises the work content and nature of the post and its role in the organisation. It does not specify every aspect of the job in detail and broad headings covering only the primary responsibilities of the post have been used. It is to be understood that all the usual associated routines and duties are included and that the staff will work flexibly.
DOES THIS ROLE MATCH YOUR EXPERTISE? DON'T MISS OUT THIS OPPORTUNITY, SEND YOUR CV OR GET IN CONTACT.