|Job Title:||Project Manager - Renewable Energy|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our client is a leading international renewables engineering consultancy.
Owing to continued growth and high demand for its services, the company is now seeking to recruit a Project Manager to their expanding group based in Glasgow.
- Provide project management and technical advisor services to a range of multi-disciplinary renewable energy projects, with an initial focus on the pre-construction and construction phases of onshore wind developments, particularly international projects
- Lead and interface with a team of specialists to progress and deliver renewable energy projects through pre-construction and construction phases
- Progress projects in accordance with the pre-defined budgets, deadlines and quality requirements
- Lead and contribute to the development of technical schedules of EPC, BoP, TSA and MSA contracts
- Lead Invitation to Tender (ITT), tender evaluation and contract negotiation processes.
- Act on behalf of clients to interface with contractors, monitor and report on contractor's progress and compliance with their contracts
- Contribute to business development activities and assist in securing new projects and opportunities for the company
- Draft robust proposals for submission to our clients
- Ensure health and safety considerations are integral to the delivery of projects and project tasks.
- Experience in the pre-construction and construction of onshore windfarms
- Experience in project management for a renewable energy technology development
- Knowledge of and experience in working with BoP, TSA and EPC contracts
- A good degree in a relevant engineering, technical or scientific discipline
- High levels of problem solving ability, initiative, thoroughness and attention to detail
- Ability to prepare and write high quality concise documents
- Excellent project management, organisational and communication skills
- Ability to manage own time effectively and prioritise own work load to allow timely delivery of tasks
- Ability to report project status accurately and concisely
- Ability to manage and mentor a small team of project engineers or assistant project managers, and to delegate responsibilities
- Practical understanding of safety regulations
- Competent PC user (minimum MS Office, including MS Project)
- A postgraduate qualification related to renewable energy or significant knowledge of a range of renewable energy system technologies
- Experience of working within a consultancy environment
- International experience of developing renewable energy projects
- Knowledge of forms of contract and/or experience in contract negotiations
- Willingness for occasional worldwide travel including European countries, South Africa, Mongolia, Pakistan and China
- CSCS or equivalent site safety passport.