|Job Title:||Project Manager T&D|
|Contact Name:||Ghadir Shaar|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
ALLLEN & YORK Recruiting are looking to hire a Project Manager T&D (Transmission and distribution). Our client is a management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents.
Their network of offices in 140 countries gives a local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
They have been involved in a landmark project in Bahrain and as the project moves into a new phase They are looking to recruit a high calibre project manager to head up one of the biggest and most prestigious projects in the region.
The project manager will head up our activities on three 400kV substations based in Bahrain and will be involved in the following:-
- Ability to plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate T&D projects.
- Review and approve contractor's design, supervise erection, testing and commissioning of substations.
- Exercise judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Resolves complex problems, such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
- Participates in contract bidding and administration; observes project action on site.
- Serves as liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors and design teams.
- Reviews plans, prepares and reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates and liaise with Client during the Contract execution.
- Supervises the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project. Understand right-of-way conditions and restrictions.
- Work with in-house surveyors and drafters that pertain to transmission and distribution projects.
- $2022; Performs other duties assigned by Divisional Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural or Electrical Engineering with a power emphasis required.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in the installation and commissioning of 400/220kV 0r 132kV GIS Substations and 33/11kV Substations.
- Professional PE or chartered registration is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to coordinate the work of various engineering disciplines and contractors to complete an integrated project.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels in the organization in a team environment.
- Requires a valid driver's license and an insurable driving record.
We look forward to receiving your application
For more information please contact Ghadir Shaar on +971 4 446 9828
ALLEN & YORK is a leading sustainability recruitment consultancy across the Middle East.