|Job Title:||Project Manager - Water|
|Location:||UK - England - North West England, Merseyside|
|Salary:||£24,000-£30,000 Per Annum|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Project Manager - Water
- To successfully manage projects, whilst contributing to business governance and providing support to help the development of others. Within a team of water specialists, lead the day to day delivery of medium to large projects. The role requires comprehensive experience of successfully delivering projects within the technical water environment. It is expected that the candidate will take responsibility for medium and large projects of moderate to high complexity and may also take a supporting role on very large, complex projects. It is also necessary for the individual to develop and support junior project managers, connect clerks and project administrative staff.
- To act as Project Manager (with responsibility for programme and budget) undertaking the day to day operations of Projects in respect of the following key areas: Ensure projects are set up and compliant with my client’s Project Management principles Monthly Project Management Review compliance Responsible for actively managing debt, WIP and invoicing across all projects you are responsible for Management of project scope, changes, budget and programme for water projects throughout the project cycle including master planning, concept, preliminary and detailed design, design and build, contract procurement and administration.
- Work closely with technical leads and divisional managers to ensure delivery of projects within programme, quality and budget constraints to ensure profitable delivery to exceed client expectations. Reporting of project financial, resource and risk issues in accordance with requirements of Technical Leads / Project Directors Proactively manage project resource and staff utilisation across responsible projects. Procure and manage external and internal sub-consultants, work closely with technical leads to ensure performance to agreed programme, quality and budget standards. Work closely with and provide professional advice to Client personnel.
- Identify and contribute to external and internal business development opportunities including visits and presentations. Work to raise the profile of Mouchel both internally and externally including the publication of articles in technical journals and presentation of papers at conferences. Undertake own continuing professional development and lead development of junior staff.
- A degree in a Civil Engineering or equivalent Membership of a Project Management Professional Institute Full UK driving license
- This role requires comprehensive experience of delivering projects in a technical environment. Candidates without such experience will not be considered.
- Candidates should also have sound knowledge in several of the following aspects of delivery; Sound understanding of the APM Principles of Project Management Understanding of the client requirements. Demonstrably good commercial awareness and relationships with clients.
- Excellent oral, written and client liaison skills. Strong communication and proven project management skills including leading and managing technical teams within a competitive business environment.
Ability to challenge project progress with teams and technical leads. Understanding client requirements and ability to influence contract specifications. An understanding of the function, design types and construction in relation to several of the following:
- Able to deal with and resolve contractual issues and risks when dealing with clients and sub consultants.
- Client facing and able to lead at client/contractor meetings.
- Demonstrable experience of building client relationships and winning new work.
- Able to plan resource for the successful delivery of projects.
- Able to establish project requirements and drive the team to deliver the require outputs in terms of quality, cost and programme in conjunction with technical leads, Fluent written and verbal English.
- Competent with MS Office suite programs.
- Ability to work on own initiative on technical and business matters and mange own time and that of others.