Our client is a world leader in Onshore and Offshore Wind Power and are currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Planner to work within their rapidly growing Offshore business. Based in their London or Manchester, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning and monitoring progress of Projects in a standard & consistent format. They will should also have solid experience within project planning and be an experienced user of Primavera.
- Produce tender stage and contract programmes from client specifications
- Provide planning & resource scheduling support for Project Managers & Engineering design team
- Prepare, monitor, co-ordinate & maintain detailed project programmes encompassing design, installation & commissioning
- Regular liaison with client, project team, sub contractors & suppliers and a willingness to work remotely from site as required by the project
- Ensure that all programmes adhere to contractual requirements
- Ensure that project programmes are fully monitored during the entire project life cycle (planning through to execution)
- Liaison with client, project team, sub contractors & suppliers
- Assist & support in preparing department resource loading & allocation
- Maintain programme information to enable accurate records of contract history to be accessed
- Support the Installation Project Manager in effective scenario & resource planning activities
- Ensure that head office requirements are fully understood and integrated into UK planning functions
- Identification & implementation of project planning processes & procedures
- Support, assist & coach less experienced planners and project coordinators
- Commitment to company customer services initiative including excellent call handling and voice mail skills
- Extensive programme management experience within a project based team
- Good presentation skills amd ability to present in a professional manner
- Very experienced user of Primavera (P6)
- Experience in using Microsoft Project
- Commercially / Contractually aware
- HNC/HND/Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or related discipline is preferable
- Experience gained from within the Energy & Utilities or Construction Sectors would be advantageous although experience from other industries will also be considered.
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.