Our Client is a renewable energy engineering service provider who have recently secured multiple Solar Construction contracts on large scale ground mount and roof top solar PV facilities (approx. 50MWp in total). These facilities are spread around the UK and are all serviced by regional Service Technicians.
- Responsible for ensuring that projects are delivered at or below quoted margins; Tracking budgets and maintaining accurate cost forecasts and revenue tracking, site valuations and client retentions
- Ensure at all times that Health and Safety is the top priority at all stages in project delivery
- At least 3 years project management experience with academic or professional qualification within the construction industry/mechanical & electrical / building management or rail industries
- Identify and keep appropriate people at all levels (internal and external) informed of project progress and key issues.
- Support the sales team in preparation of bids and in the final stages of contract closure
- Budget management experience - Able to analyse risks and evaluate the implications of changes in project costs and programme
- Ability to interpret engineering design for the build environment
- Self motivated and energetic, takes full ownership of the delivery of managing the lifecycles of multi projects
- Experience of contract negotiation and supplier management
- Authority to control multi contractors on site to ensure safe practices are employed at all times, and project is completed on time, budget and quality
- Excellent communication skills and relationship management of multi stakeholders
- Attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for renewable energy
- Based in offices within the UK so must be willing to travel around the UK
- Knowledge and experience of managing solar PV systems or other renewable technologies
- Engineering degree, project management professional qualification
- Competent in using Microsoft office software (word/excel etc) - Reporting/Systems
- Perfect communication skills
- Able to work remotely and travel to various sites to react to events
- Experience of acting in the role of 'principal contractor' with production of construction phase plans, relevant risk assessments and method statement, and liaison with CDM coordinator;
- Construction skills training including CSCS card holder, SMSTS certificate
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.