Project Support Technician - Water
West Midlands (2-3 months)
Assist the Project Manager by providing the project management support required to produce a technical based tender response document. Main objective will be to track progress against an established project plan, co-ordinate document submissions and merge/produce draft Word and Excel documents for sign off.
Will track progress against a project plan. The role holder will need to co-ordinate responses from a number of sources, checking progress and managing to specified deadlines. Will work with documents in Word and Excel format, editing, formatting and populating data. Will manage a central data storage area, establishing electronic filing systems and document control processes.
In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have: Essential: Competent in production and editing of Word/Excel documents and spreadsheets Project management experience Knowledge and experience of managing electronic filing systems Experience of, and confident with, communicating with management and executive teams Desirable:
- Asset maintenance knowledge (electrical and mechanical maintenance activities
- Water industry or contract administration knowledge
- In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have: Essential:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to listen effectively
- 'Right first time' attitude focusing on quality of work
- Works well under pressure, can remain patient, calm and self-controlled
- Flexible and able to respond to changing business needs
- The ability to work effectively in a target driven environment
- Able to adapt to a new work environment quickly, working in a small team and on occasions alone (in an office environment)
- GCSE's or equivalent in English and Maths at grade C or above