Our client is looking for a Purchase Ledger Accountant reporting to the Financial Manager who is responsible for the smooth running of the purchase ledger. The role will extend to the processing of employee expenses, processing of time sheets and any other activities as determined by the FM according to the abilities and development of the individual.
The nature of this role is that it has access to, and is entrusted with, confidential information about the company and employees and therefore the individual must understand and comply with the generally accepted standards of confidentiality expected within a finance function.
- Good relationships are maintained with suppliers
- Only approved invoices are paid
- Suppliers are paid on time in accordance with agreed terms
- Reconciliation of supplier statements on a timely basis and resolving queries promptly.
- Communicating with suppliers regarding missing or disputed invoices on a timely basis.
- Purchase ledger invoices are matched to purchase orders
- Project purchase invoices are posted to the correct project number and cost codes
- Project invoices are properly approved by the appropriate project manager
- Overhead invoices are posted to the correct GL codes
- Overhead invoices are approved by the appropriate manager
- Communicating with suppliers regarding missing or disputed invoices and reconciliation of supplier statements
- Preparation of monthly payment run
- Preparation of BACS payment file
- Processing employee expenses and company credit cards
- Time is booked to the correct project code
- Time is correctly analysed to the correct cost code
- Time sheet summaries are prepared for payroll
- Craftsmen are only paid for time worked and agreed absences
- To support the FM in other matters that arise from time to time
- Experience of Sage Line 50 and Job Costing
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to adapt to a fast changing environment
- Desire for achieving strong financial control without constraining the business objectives
- Good communication skills
- Able to demonstrate commercial acumen
- Generally accepted Finance qualification (AAT)
We look forward to receiving your application.