|Job Title:||Purchasing Logistics Assistant - London|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London - North East London|
|Contact Name:||Vildan Cifci|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
On behalf of our client we are seeking to appoint a Purchasing & Logistics Assistant based in London. Your main purpose will be to ensure the effective and cost-efficient management of all outbound logistics within the UK and internationally ensuring on-budget and on-time deliveries and to portray the company image and role model the company values at all times.
Your main duties will include:
- To receive and process all new sales orders and new internal orders, and to update the production plan accordingly.
- To distribute new and updated sales orders.
- To regularly update the production plan on PIP.
- To purchase office supplies as and when required, ensuring they are signed off by the Purchasing & Logistics Manager before ordered.
- To purchase packaging supplies as and when required, ensuring they are signed off by the Purchasing & Logistics Manager before ordered.
- To raise purchase orders on Sage.
- To match supplier's invoices and delivery notes with purchase orders on Sage.
- To allocate stock to the sales orders and monitoring the stock levels.
- To deal with sales orders queries.
- To obtain shipping quotes, for specific orders. Ensuring a log is kept of prices for future reference.
- To book all couriers, in line with agreed budgets and timescales. Then sign off courier invoices.
- To liaise with freight forwarders.
- To arrange UK and international shipments.
- To produce relevant shipping documentation e.g. packing list, commercial invoices and etc.
- To apply for extra shipping documents required for successful customs clearance e.g. certificate of origin, EUR1 certificate and etc.
- To prepare the Company Drivers schedule on a daily basis.
- To oversee the collection/loading of shipments for despatch.
- To handle any issues that may arise in customs.
- To receive deliveries/goods IN and update production plan on PIP accordingly.
- To arrange fumigation as and when required.
- To order pallets e.g. normal, heat treated and etc.
- To ensure company resources are used in an appropriate and cost-conscious manner.
- To meet KPIs set by your manager in the specified timelines.
- To maintain records of the time required to perform each job via timesheets.
- To use PPE/RPE as and when instructed, for the safety of yourself.
- To ensure and enforce the quality of each product made is up to company's quality standards.
- Maintain attention to detail at all times.
- To remain professional at all times.
- To abide by the company's policies and procedures at all times.
- To be able to work to tight deadlines.
- To keep the work area clean and safe at all times
- To abide by and promote Health & Safety at work, as all times.
- To treat everyone fairly and equally.
- To abide by the company handbook.
- Any ad hoc duties required for the need of the business.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Experienced/qualified in all Microsoft office programmes, most importantly word and excel.
• Experience of working in an office/administration environment.
• Knowledge of logistics or purchasing is desirable.
• Experience of Sage 200 is desirable.
• Excellent organisation skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Enthusiastic with a can-do attitude.