Allen & york are pleased to be working exclusively with a leading landfill and RDF business who are seeking to appoint an experienced QSHE Manager. Working out of their Blackburn site you will operate regionally to ensure the promotion of a positive safety culture across their site portfolio.
This role will report into the Managing Director and will be crucial to ensuring a pro-active approach to safety within the business
- Ensuring compliance with internal and external legislation
- Work with senior managers to ensure sites are compliant
- Promotion of a pro-active safe working environment for all employees
- Keep up to date with all changes and emerging trends within HSE
- Corrective action based on results from site risk assessments and audits
- Ensure all 3rd parties are reviewed and working in a safe manner
- Reviewing environmental permits and utility costs and making recommendations for improvement
- Work alongside enforcement bodies, residents and the council
- Diploma level qualification in Health and Safety
- Graduate Membership of IOSH working towards CMIOSH
- Experience auditing to ISO standards
- Experience working with an IMS involving 18001, 14001 and 9001
This is an opportunity to make a difference in a high risk and varied environment. If you are interested, then please call Jack on 01202 888986 or apply and I will contact you directly.