|Job Title:||Quality Inspector|
|Salary:||£9.01 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Quality Inspector - Water
Responsible for the taking of water supply samples and carrying out on-site analyses for chemical and microbiological parameters taken at water treatment works, distribution service reservoirs and customer taps in compliance with the Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulations 2000 (2007) and for company operational purposes.
Ensuring compliance with the regulatory obligation to monitor drinking water quality and to react to quality failures, incidents and events.
Ensure delivery of the planned regulatory sampling programmes for drinking water.
In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have:
Undertake sampling and on-site testing of drinking water at installations and at customer premises.
Responsible for planning own sample runs to ensure all samples scheduled are taken and delivered to designated laboratory or courier point.
Reporting of any on-site test results or information which may indicate that water quality falls below expected standards.
Ensure all records and submission paperwork related to sampling duties meets required regulatory and company standards.
Present a professional image at all times, particularly when dealing with customers and the public.
The nature of the work means the individual will be working alone for most of the day, in towns, cities or in rural locations.
Participate in a standby and weekend working rota.
- A good understanding of water treatment, distribution and microbiology
- Experience in dealing with customers and the general public.
- Experience within an environmental / scientific discipline including some experience in sampling or analysis of potable waters.
- In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good planning & organisational skills
- Good sense of smell and taste (key element of field role)
- The ability to work in an honest and reliable manner
- The ability to be enthusiastic and conscientious
- A good level of fitness (physical requirement for role)
- The ability to pay good attention to detail
- The ability to work unsupervised
- The ability to map read
- GCSE Grade C or above in Maths, English and a scientific discipline or equivalent
- Full and valid driving licence