Our client, one of the most recognised names in the building and civil engineering industry, are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor who will be based in Canterbury office.
The desired candidate will work within a management team to ensure that all contractual aspects of the projects are managed and controlled in an efficient manner.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- To provide assistance, support and guidance on all commercial issues within the Project(s).
- Preparation of internal Cost/Value Reports on a monthly basis to satisfy the requirements of the Commercial Manager / Managing Quantity Surveyor and any other reports which may be required.
- Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the contract.
- Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation.
- Preparation of earned value calculations and detailed projected project outturn costs on a monthly basis.
- Preparation and management of subcontract and material Procurement Schedules.
- Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
- Production and rigorous management of Early Warning Notices and associated registers.
- Preparation, negotiation and agreement of Compensation Events/variations, extension of time claims, etc.
- To assist in identifying and proactively managing all commercial risks and opportunities and carrying out value engineering exercises.
- To encourage and develop a culture of contractual awareness within the site team and ensure that the full contractual entitlement is achieved by rigidly managing records, contractual notifications, change control, etc.
- To utilise MAXcel costing system to help improve cost control and financial/commercial reporting and ensure that all relevant staff are fully trained to utilise the system to its full potential.
- To ensure that all Group Procedures are strictly followed by all commercial staff.
- Establish and implement a robust system of site records for all labour, plant, materials, staff, etc as support for cost substantiation in the event of change and or delays to the contract Works.
- Establishment a robust system of cost allocation/coding which satisfies both internal and external requirements and ensure that it is strictly followed by all the site team.
- Attend all internal/external financial meetings as and when required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree Qualified
- 7-8 years' experience after graduating - if no degree more experience is needed
- Major Civil Project experience