Quantity Surveyor - Transmission and Distribution (T&D)
Our client is a leading provider of infrastructure support services to the Utility sector. They predominantly operate within the UK but have fast growing international presence.
Founded in 1990's, our client has grown organically and by acquisitions to achieve over £300 million turnover per annum. This has provided our client with the platform to become the leading provider of support services across its Supply Division and its Distribution Division. They work in partnership with many Public, Commercial and utility organisations.
The main purpose of this role is to report to Framework Manager, working with the Project Manager for the successful delivery of a key contract framework, supporting administrative functions by offering commercial input and ensuring that operational field staff have assistance with valuations, change and claims management.
- Value completed works and ensure measurement compliance with SOR's.
- Manage supply chain costs.
- Compile Cost Value Reconciliations.
- Produce quotations and pre-estimates.
- Follow procedures for client work approval.
- Commercial and administrative involvement with Works Management System and other IT software.
- Manage data in Excel for large volumes of work.
- Support and develop Junior members of staff.
- Monitor budgets and track progress against annual plan.
- Provide innovative ideas and continuous improvements.
- Measurement of works on site.
- Post-audit of works commercially.
- Attend client progress meetings.
- Effective communication with various levels of personnel on the framework, internal and external.
- Involvement with PQQ and tender submissions.
- Provide cash-flow forecasts.
- Identify and notify Compensation Events.
- Procurement of suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Qualified to degree level in Quantity Surveying or other relevant profession
- RICS / CIOB or equivalent professional membership would be desirable
- Knowledge of electrical substation repairs / maintenance
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Experience with FIDIC / Bespoke / Framework contracts / NEC
- Schedule of rates experience
- Knowledge of cabling and civils work
- Previous experience in utilities sector
- Dispute resolution experience