Purpose of the job
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join a LU project. You will also be responsible for assisting the change manager in the management and pricing of compensation events under the main contract.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the change manager in production of quotations for compensation events under the main contract
- Assist in the production of communications, EWNs and NCEs to the Employer
- Analyse communications issued by the Employer regarding change; including all EWNs, communications etc.
- Liaise closely with the various design and construction teams to produce entitlement narratives and substantiation for compensation events
- Assist the design and construction team in contractual matters regarding change management
- Liaise with the project quantity surveyors to obtain costing information to support CE quotations
- Produce entitlement narrative change items
- Assist in the monthly reporting produces associated with price adjustments under the main contract
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- The role will require the post holder to have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal and to be able to report at management level.
- Educated to HND - HNC level or equivalent in a construction, commercial or related discipline. A lower educational level combined with extensive experience in a similar role would meet this requirement
- Experience of working in a NEC 3 contract environment.
- Experience working on large Civil Engineering and infrastructure projects.
- An understanding of EU and UK legislative requirements affecting procurement.
- Analytical mind and logical problem solving.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Committed to ethos of an accountable, cost effective, high quality, customer driven service delivery.
- Demonstrable commercial awareness.
- Computer skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer
- Holds a CSCS Card - yellow (regular visitor)
- Holds a Tunnel Safety Card
- Familiar with the Coins accountancy package.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a numerate or commercial discipline
- Member or Associate Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)