- Preparing tender and contract documentation, including bills of quantities.
- Undertaking costs analysis for different elements of the project work.
- Performing risk, value and cost control?
- Advising the client of any legal or contractual issues that arise during the project.
- Advising the Procurement Officer on the procurement strategy?
- Identifying commercial risks.
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders.
- Allocating work to sub-contractors
- Provide advice on contractual claims.
- Advising outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
- Valuing completed projects?
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Staying up-to-date on new standards in construction.
- Monthly cost/value reporting
- Other Ad-hoc activities.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of all duties.
- Degree qualified.
- Excellent maths skills.
- Excellent understanding of construction methods and materials.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of team.
- High level of IT competency.
- building or construction
- civil or structural engineering
- urban and land studies