Our client is a multi-utility solutions provider. They are recruiting a Quantity Surveyor to join their design team. You will be responsible for all costs relating to MU projects from the initial calculations to the final project costs. You will also be responsible for minimising the costs of a project and enhance value for money while achieving required standards of quality. In return, you will receive full support and guidance and the opportunity to Grow with Them!
- Preparing tender and contract documentation, including bills of quantities.
- Undertaking costs analysis for different elements of the project work.
- Performing risk, value and cost control?
- Advising the client of any legal or contractual issues that arise during the project.
- Advising the Procurement Officer on the procurement strategy?
- Identifying commercial risks.
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders.
- Allocating work to sub-contractors
- Provide advice on contractual claims.
- Advising outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
- Valuing completed projects?
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Staying up-to-date on new standards in construction.
- Monthly cost/value reporting
- Other Ad-hoc activities.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of all duties.
- Degree qualified.
- Excellent maths skills.
- Excellent understanding of construction methods and materials.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of team.
- High level of IT competency.
- building or construction
- civil or structural engineering
- urban and land studies