Allen and York Ltd have been given a unique opportunity for a Quarry Manager to join their client's team based in the South East of England, who are innovators of land reclamation and restoration.
As the successful candidate, you will have knowledge of extraction/processing systems and be engaged with every aspect of the role, from excellent interpersonal and managerial skills to ensure the best business for all sites.
Scope of Role & Responsibilities:
· You will be overseeing mineral operations both on and off site, managing and leading existing teams and co-ordinating production and operation.
· Ensure that sites are managed and in accordance with the company's policies, laws and regulations.
· Make sure staffing and equipment requirements meet the daily production quotas and therefore alter the production system in accordance with the materials required.
· Communicate with all internal departments and provide the owner company with information/statistics on the sites performance.
· Build and maintain relationships with local groups and organisations.
· Managing and regulating the sites budget.
· Maintaining daily, weekly and monthly records, dealing with legally required company paperwork and keeping up to date with relevant government legislations and industry developments.
· Producing development proposals and making reports.
· Always checking and maintaining checklists and inspecting systems., and where needed can write risk assessments.
· Assist senior management in recognising and arranging onsite training.
· Be confident in carrying out daily team briefings to ensure all targets are met and attend regular company progress meetings.
Typical Onsite Activities:
· Closely monitor all areas of the site, to ensure all work is carried out to the highest professional standard and keeps in line with company policies, laws and regulations.
· Liaising with all members of staff and be prepared to deal with any technical or staffing challenges that may arise.
· Be sure to undertake regular onsite inspections/risk assessments to comply with health and safety regulations.
· Ensure all materials/products produced meet the highest quality standard and are maintained.
· Be vigilant in ordering new items when required.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Charles Cocklin at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986 or visit our website https://www.allen-york.com/.