Our Client is a privately owned group of development and construction companies. They require a Project Manager to run the day to day management of a R&D portfolio within energy, renewables and alternative Cleantech property solutions.
The Research and Development (R&D) of this project portfolio includes internal projects and external company investments, advancing the developments and targeting commercial deployment through various funding routes and partners.
The Project Management will be wide reaching to include day-to-day management, reporting, strategic development, business case writing, fund raising, academic and private sector collaborations.
- Portfolio wide reporting to Directors/Board of progress of R&D portfolio within energy, renewable and alternative property.
- Weekly and Monthly Project Reporting to Renewables Investment Director and CEO/Board
- Weekly Cashflow & Budget Management
- Grant Funding Liaison Management
- Managing appointment of Grant Funding advisory firm engaged by Group for identifying and submitting for UK/European public sector grants
- Interfacing with Group businesses to ensure best capture of grant funding opportunities
- Delivering monthly progress reports from advisors
- Intellectual Property Management
- Interface with internal legal counsel and appointed IP lawyer to maintain and develop IP for the Group
- IP submissions for patents, trademarks and publicity for R&D activities
- Networking with the sector, raising brand profile across multiple business units and technologies
- Supporting resource growth and recruitment within portfolio businesses
- Development of joint ventures, academic and manufacturing partnerships
- Support to Group Companies for ongoing R&D activities
- Day-to-Day Project Management on behalf of the Group for existing investments in their R&D portfolio which include;
- Solar Steam (Internal Project Investment) lead Project Manager to drive forward the project development process through performance testing, commercialisation strategy, collaboration partners and academic organisations (Cranfield University).
- Smart Water Meter (External Company Investment) supporting technology development team with Group business support and network.
- Vertical Axis Wind Turbines (External Company Investment) integration into the existing Lark Energy business, developing test sites and pipeline of new development projects.
- Flood Risk House (Internal Project Investment) support new Flood Risk Development Director in progressing existing proof of concept into proof of development.
- Nano Coatings (Internal Project Investment) realization of commercial partnership with industry partners for heat and light nano coatings, with setting up Cranfield production facility.
- Solar Cleaning (Internal Project) supporting Operations & Maintenance Director
- Project Management experience within Renewable Energy Generation or Sustainable Building and Energy Services
- Timely Reporting Structures
- Budget Management
- Grant Funding
- Integration into Business as Usual (BAU) and Commercialisation of R&D projects
- An avid interest in Clean Technology innovations
Please contact Sally Woods for any further information and submit a CV