Radioactive Waste Consultant - Bristol,Plymouth
We are currently looking for Radioactive Waste Consultants to join our clients expanding Radiation Protection and Environmental Teams.
Successful candidates will ideally have a proven track record in Nuclear Industry Waste Management and will either hold or be working towards Radioactive Waste Adviser accreditation, ideally with previous experience of working in a consultancy environment. You will be employed in a broad spectrum of radioactive waste management activities equally within Civil Industry and the Ministry of Defence where yours skills will be utilised and tested to the full both as part of a wider team and also individually on smaller projects.
Successful candidates will have a degree in a relevant discipline with demonstrable knowledge and experience within some of the following areas:
• Radiation Physics;
• Production of Health Physics Documentation (Risk Assessments, Written Systems of Work);
• Radioactive Waste Characterisation;
• Radioactive Waste Management/Handling;
• Radioactive Waste Packaging;
• Environmental Permitting Regulations 2010 (EPR10) and Radioactive Substances Act 1993 (RSA93);
• Radiological Environmental Assessments
• Optimisation techniques / BAT / BPM Assessments;
• Application of UK Radiological Protection Legislation;
• Environmental Legislation.
In addition to the above, knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas is desirable:
• Safety Case development, authoring and verification;
• Environmental Safety Case development, authoring and verification
• Deterministic/Probabilistic Safety Assessment;
• Hazard Identification;
• ALARP Studies;
• Radiological Dose Assessment for normal operations and potential fault conditions;
• Experience in Radiation Shielding Design or Radiation Protection Industry Codes (RANKERN, MCBEND, MCNP, Microshield);
• Experience in environmental modelling codes (GOLDSIM, PC CREAM);
• Exemptions under the EPR2010 / RSA93;
• Abatement Technologies;
• Emergency Response Planning;
• Transport of Radioactive Materials;
• Environmental monitoring tools, data and analysis methods;
• Letters of Compliance.
A successful candidate will have a desire to take on technical leadership and project management responsibility for assigned projects.