|Job Title:||Rail Competence Manager|
|Location:||Coventry, West Midlands|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Actively looking to recruit a Competence Manager with experience in the Rail sector for one of ALLEN & YORK's main clients, a leading global engineering and technology services company.
As the Competence Manager, you will be working with the professional heads to support the delivery of Training and Development programmes throughout the business and act as coordinator of the Graduate and Apprenticeship programme for this part of the business.
- Develop and maintain the competence management system to meet the requirements of relevant industry competence standards and legislation.
- Overall coordination and development of the training database ensuring it delivers effective management of training and associated records.
- Working with Professional Heads to identify current and future skills and training requirements in order to deliver the business strategy and to create value through the implementation of training and people development initiatives.
- Working with functional managers to ensure that everyone has a personal training and development plan which enhances their performance and competence within the business.
- Working with the Head of Engineering to effectively deliver the Graduate and Apprenticeship training and development programme, ensuring the industry requirements are met.
- Development of training and competence objectives for the business and reporting of KPIs, including the management of the L&D budget.
- Monitor and review the performance of external training and assessment providers.
- Learning & Development Qualification or evidence of relevant experience
- Proven experience of designing and delivering Learning and Development in a regulated industry with a high focus on technical skills development/occupational competence
- Detailed knowledge of Rail Industry Competence Standards and Schemes.
- A forward thinker that has sound ideas on best practice in Learning and Development and in the coordination of Graduate and Apprentice development programmes
- Clean Driving Licence
Our client is offering a competitive basic salary + bonus + flexible benefits. If you are keen to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Lisa Newman on 01202 888 986 for more information.
We look forward to receiving your application.