Recycling Development Manager
Our Client, a leading national waste and recycling management company, has an exciting opportunity for a Recycling Development Manager to join an expanding team. The successful candidate's primary responsibility will be the procurement of recyclable materials from new and existing clients across a full range of businesses from SME to Corporate. You will be personally involved in inspecting, grading and winning high value business for our Client's Industrial & Commercial Division.
* Organise internal and external transport and collection schedules for material to be taken to our Client's Transfer Stations and Recycling Locations.
* Working closely with our Client's Commodities Trading Team.
* Responsible for pro-actively identifying new customers and securing new business.
* Responsible for strong portfolio management of new and existing accounts.
* Developing strategies with internal teams and individuals.
* Maintain and develop customer and internal relationships.
* Provide regular analysis of customers, market conditions and pricing trends to the Head of Recycling Sourcing.
* Provide regular written and verbal reports on activity, business generation and prospects.
* Ensure that health and safety is considered at all times.
* Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions.
* Continually maintains sales knowledge and sales techniques.
* Defines the strategy to secure new business by identifying and sharing best practice with peers.
* Extensive Sales Consultant experience and knowledge.
* Previously worked in a B2B sales environment.
* Waste management experience (desirable).
* Excellent people management skills.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Exceptional commercial awareness.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiator and presentation skills.
* Ability to work on own initiative, as a team player and maintain strong relationships at all levels.
* Profitability analysis.
* Proficient in use of MS Office.
* Ability to understand pricing trends and commodity market environment.
* Industry Aware.
* Waste Management / Transfer Stations and processing (desirable).
* Educated to A level as a minimum.
* Bachelor's degree (desirable).
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Charles Cocklin at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.