|Job Title:||Recycling Operative|
|Location:||UK - England - South West England, Devon|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Receive and sort waste products for screening and/or transfer to landfill and treatment, in order to maximise value on sale. Work flexibly across the site in support of the efficient running of a commercial and customer focused facility.
- Sort and separate waste materials to maximise value on sale, and in accordance with Company procedures and relevant legislation.
- Work flexibly across the site as directed by your Supervisor, ensuring the site is clean and tidy, operations are carried out with due regard to the health and safety of all employees and contractors who may be affected by the operation, and avoidance of damage to plant, equipment and property.
- Operate plant and machinery and carry out daily inspection checks as required, complete defect and damage reports and other associated paperwork and follow the escalation process to workshops.
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times to external and internal customers.
- Ensure uniform/PPE is worn at all times whilst on duty and is kept in a clean, tidy and serviceable manner in accordance with Company health and safety requirements.
- Safely and efficiently direct and control waste delivery vehicles at the tipping apron or on the site.
- For landfill operations ensure waste is tipped at agreed locations and compacted.
- Carry out site inspections and checks as directed.
- Picking various materials from a moving conveyor belt ensuring quality and recovery rates are maximised.
- A basic level of literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to communicate orally in English.
No previous experience required; full training will be provided.
- Experience in working in a material recovery facility/recycling centre is desirable.
- Experience of plant operation.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team.
- Ability to use language others will understand, adapt behaviour and take reasonable steps to understand and respond to people with different backgrounds and needs.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Ability and desire to actively seek out new solutions, tasks, opportunities or developments that improve the Company’s ability to achieve its objectives in a more effective and efficient manner.
- Communicate openly and honestly with all members of the facility.
- Flexible and willing to shift focus based on Company/team priorities.
- Accepting of constructive feedback.