Our client is a developer and operator of farm based Anaerobic Digestion projects throughout the UK.
The Company has completed the construction of a portfolio of AD plants with capital invested in modern well proven process plant. Most of the plants are in Northern Ireland and it is envisaged that more plants are going to be developed.
The Company have set up brand new offices on site in Northern Ireland and has its headquarters in London.
The role will be based in Northern Ireland with regular travel around Northern Ireland to the farm sites.
The postholder will be the responsible manager for company-wide operational compliance, reporting to the Partner (Director) responsible for Operations.
- shall develop existing systems and implement these for all eleven plants for all aspects of compliance with statutory and internal operational requirements.
- undertake all aspects of day to day management while also addressing agreed long-term objectives; this will require close working with peers, senior management and operators as well as management of the relationships with statutory bodies.
- Experience in AD site operation or management of AD plants or similar waste to energy plants
- Industrial health and safety management
- Holding Waste Management Licences Environmental Permits and the competencies/ duties associated with this
- Formal ISO Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality Systems development and maintenance experience for Anaerobic Digestion plants
- Wamitab qualified and experience as CToC for Anaerobic Digestion installations
- Technical degree or senior vocational qualification
- Iosh qualified or equivalent
- Evidence of formal training for ISO systems implementation and development
- Evidence of formal training for ISO system audits
- Three year's experience of implementing and maintaining Health and Safety, environmental and quality systems
- Corporate membership of relevant engineering or environmental institution
- Nebosh qualification or equivalent
- Chartered environmentalist or holding an environmental degree
- Evidence of Formal Quality Management Systems Qualifications
- Awareness of the design and /or operation of AD plants or similar process plant
- Capable of DSEAR/ATEX assessment, HAZOP or other technical process risk assessment
- Experience applying for Environmental Permits or Waste Management Licences etc.
- Experience in submitting ROC/FIT returns and environmental returns
- Experience in the development and maintenance of systems and plans for bio-solids recovery to