|Job Title:||Regional Quality / Technical Manager|
|Location:||Stockport, Greater Manchester|
|Contact Name:||Vicky Kenrick|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Our client operates an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including, aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil and gas, construction,
They are looking to recruit a Northern Technical Manager to act as a Senior Quality Management Representative. This person will be responsible for coordinating and mentoring the Local Management Representative to achieve the security of UK Quality Management Systems. Additionally, the job holder will be the UK's Responsible Hardness Testing Level III trainer & examiner.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- To maintain and encourage a 'No Surprises' culture & Reporting.
- To support nominated sites in the management of the UK Quality Management System.
- To support nominated sites in the implementation of systems changes.
- To ensure that nominated sites manage and maintain systems to meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- To support nominated sites in the resolution of product, technical, process and system non-conformances.
- Facilitate effective Continuous Improvement / Kaizen Initiatives.
- Assist / Represent sites as required during second & third party quality or technical audits.
- Oversee / Perform NADCAP Self-Assessment Audits & Non-conformance close out.
- Perform Internal PEAR audits twice per year and other Internal Audits as Scheduled.
- To liaise with customers' technical, production and quality departments.
- To conduct training and identify training and development needs.
- To prepare and submit a timely Monthly Report to the Deputy Quality Manager UK & Quality Manager UK
- To have organisational freedom to resolve matters pertaining to quality.
- In the absence of Top Management to act as the designated management representative at Management Review.
- To follow & promote company health and safety procedures
- To follow & promote company environmental procedures
- Responsible Hardness Testing Level III, administer & control UK Hardness testing programme.
- Responsible Level III for vision examinations to BS EN ISO 4179 (NABDTB)
- Approve Technical Data Cards, Plant Quality Clearance, PAQP, C of C's, FAIR's, PPAP & Level 3 documentation etc. all in conjunction with any authority restrictions.
- To maintain good working practices and housekeeping.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Relevant experience in Metallurgical or Materials Engineering disciplines with an Aerospace background.
- Formal relevant qualification to HNC level or above
- Ability to manage personnel and work as part of a team or on their own
- Recognised NDT level III for Hardness testing & BS EN ISO 4179 by a NABDTB examiner
- Be familiar with systems and procedures as well as the requirements of National, International and Aerospace Quality Assurance Systems Including Nadcap requirements.
For more information please contact Emily Cutler at ALLEN & YORK. We look forward to receiving your application