Our client is a management consultancy with a successful Energy Practice in the UK, now looking for talented sector specialists to help support their current client base and impressive growth strategy.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of delivering operational and / or asset performance excellence in water utilities. You will be a natural leader, with excellent communication, relationship building and influencing skills probably having led operational / asset management teams in client organisations.
You will have an excellent academic record, with a relevant technical or environmental degree. A second-degree or MBA would be a strong advantage. These skills will be underpinned with exceptional insight and analytical capabilities in a number of the following areas:
- A thorough understanding of utilities, in particular, the water and wastewater processes and assets (essential)
- Expertise in a range of water utilities operations, asset management and supporting functions (essential)
- Practical experience of water company performance commitments and the strategic, technical and operational activities that go into delivering them (essential)
- An understanding of totex, cost benchmarks and techniques to optimise and improve efficiency
- An understanding of operational and asset risk, risk based decision making and the line of sight between corporate objectives and operational activity
- An understanding of water utility resilience including tactical and strategic mitigation options and their implementation
- An understanding of utility procurement processes, supply chains and direct procurement
- Strong project management skills, demonstrating the capacity to lead substantial multi-disciplinary and/or operational improvement projects (essential)
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to present complex analysis and findings in a clear and concise way, tailored for the specific audience