Opportunity to join a well-established, world leading Renewable Energy company in their UK offices. The Reliability Engineer will provide engineering expertise to the energy generation team, with the aim of maximising generation and profit by ensuring the efficient operation of the company's power plants.
Your key responsibilities will include; analysing operational data, advising on best practise for the company and its clients, proposing methods for reducing lost production, identifying performance improvement opportunities, and delivering solutions that are robust, long term, timely and cost-effective.
- Provide technical and engineering support to operational wind farm management teams.
- Create, manage and improve engineering models to analyse operational data in order to accurately report on performance and detect changes in behaviour of the operating assets.
- Diagnose and propose solutions for performance issues with the generating plant.
- Participate in major component failure investigations.
- Liaise with in-house and external consultants.
- Provide technical input to wind farm project design.
- Continually assess the value of analyses and recommended actions.
- Research, evaluate and recommend methods to improve performance and reliability of generating plant.
- Support onsite inspection campaigns.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree qualified mechanical or electrical engineer or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience of continuous improvement and engineering model development.
- Experience in design or operation of generating plant.
- Experience in or detailed knowledge of wind turbine design, including design for reliability.
- Good understanding of typical failure modes and troubleshooting procedures, root cause analysis (RCA) and FMEA.
- Knowledge of change management and/or lean techniques.
- Investigative nature- naturally inquisitive, proactive, solution focussed and has sense of ownership on work.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills - previous experience in data mining and programming in languages such as Python, VBA, Matlab, R would be preferable.
- Ability to manage several projects and high workloads with demanding timescales.
- Ability to work as part of a team, both leading and as a key member, influencing decisions and reacting positively to challenges
- Excellent communication skills enabling
- Strong reporting and presentation skills and proficiency in using Microsoft Office packages
For more information about this role, please contact Vicky Kenrick at ALLEN & YORK 01202 888 986
We look forward to receiving your application.